27: Community Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Music Thread

A place for fans to adore us.
Reply to topic Printer Friendly Page Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Music Thread

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:02 am

Hey dudes, I like to share musac, and I also like to explore what other people listen to. So I am making a music thread.

Just so this thread doesn't get gayed up instantly, I'm going to lay a few ground rules:

1.) If your music has been on the radio, it probably sucks.
2.) Don't tell people their music sucks. It's rude, and you can talk shit in any other thread but this one. Just share and comment.
3.) Don't link us to a shitty live recording of your awesome band because the sound quality will probably suck, then we will think your band sucks. And that can't be true.
4.) Don't be a faggot. By this, I mean Kurt.
5.) Link one at a time, and try to pick something that isn't 10 minutes long.

Okay, since we have that cleared up. I'll start the sharing with some bad punk music I have been listening to. I hope you enjoy!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocoiNmQHrRc

Faet
Hedonismbot

Re: Music Thread

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:00 am

oiwutbames
Meat Packer

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Shifting
Union President

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Faet:
1.) If your music has been on the radio, it probably sucks.
2.) Don't tell people their music sucks. It's rude, and you can talk shit in any other thread but this one. Just share and comment.

If on radio... music... sucks? But you can't... say it sucks? I'M SO LOST JACK.

Anyway, to say if it was on the radio it sucks is silly. To say this would be to deny bands like Pink Floyd, Tool, Pearl Jam, and endless others. Now to say if it was on the radio and not older than 10 years or so, I would maybe agree, seeing as there has been some what of a void in main stream creativity ever since Pop Punk and its metamorphosis to Emo appeared.

With that said here's Foo Fighters covering Tubeway Army's Down in the Park.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=30DMi866ThM

Crippledcarny
Captain Legless

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:07 pm

There was a "probably" there for a reason. I understand good bands and artists get airtime.

Also, I'm at school so I can't listen to any of these! qq

Faet
Hedonismbot

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:27 pm

You know, Jack, the best this thread can do is more or less a back and forth between you and me.

Tool - Opiate
Can't remember if it ever got air play but it's hands down one of if not their best song.

www.youtube.com/watch?...38&index=6

Crippledcarny
Captain Legless

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:41 pm

I'm still at school and therefore cannot listen yet, but I'll link the shit out of you! And, really Kurt, isn't that the best any thread can be?

Propagandhi - A Speculative Fiction

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDFIj-gtpCQ

Faet
Hedonismbot

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Faet:
isn't that the best any thread can be?

Well that's more than true.

Time mix shit up with some Apocalyptica! Before the big main stream blow up with "I don't care"

Faraway
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMQL5XqhwLQ

Crippledcarny
Captain Legless

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:08 pm

this is a song by my favorite band. you will probably think it is terrible, but i don't give a shit, because i will still think they are fucking awesome.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_tSyJBsRQ

blueblaze
Union President

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:24 pm

I have a somewhat diverse taste in music, but here are some immediate recommends!

Anything DOOM. He has many aliases, each having a different style and feel. His flow is pretty righteous and his references are very esoteric. He is not your "I fuck bitches with my huge dick, roll on diamond encrusted 38" rims and shit on Slick Rick" style rapper, he's older, wiser and has been a comic book nerd from the start. You will often hear him drop references from nerd culture staples like Star Trek, Back to the Future and so on.

DangerDoom - Collaboration with Danger Mouse, all works under the DangerDoom alias revolve around Adult Swim shows like Futurama, Family Guy, Sealab, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Perfect Hair Forever, etc. DangerDoom - Sofa King

Viktor Vaughn - His more "thuggy" alias, these revolve around the journeys of street cat Viktor Vaughn, who is all around a generally bad guy; a squirrel just trying to get a nut. The name comes from Victor von Doom, who you might also know as Dr. Doom and great inspiration to Doom in general. (Dr. Doom was the inspiration to always appear in character with the mask) Samples and weaves lots of old 50s movies into the overall progressive story of the album Vaudeville Villain. Viktor Vaughn - A Dead Mouse

Madvillain - DOOM's collaboration with Madlib, and it was my love for this alias that lead me to find DOOM in the first place. This also got me onto Madlib, J Dilla and Peanut Butter Wolf as well. The Madvillainy album itself has minimalistic emceeing by DOOM, but is probably one of underground hip hop's greatest albums. Madvillain - America's Most Blunted
Madvillain - Do Not Fire! (Instrumental) This instrumental is probably one of the greatest ever made as an interlude in an album because it samples a Street Fighter II fight of Chun Li vs Dhalsim in Dhalsim's stage.

King Geedorah - The King Geedorah alias comes from a collaboration with many different emcees from NYC. Doom seems to do more producing than emceeing, because the album features more of the other Monster Island Czars on the mic, but either way the beats are Doom and you'll find them on the MF DOOM Special Herb series. Fuck 'em in they butt and have them suck off my nut, indeed. King Geedorah - Krazy World

Now onto some psytrance. I LOVE Shpongle. Simon Posford is fucking amazing. He is the talent behind Hallucinogen, Younger Brother, Celtic Cross and Shpongle. Shpongle is the most trippiest of his projects, in my opinion.

Shpongle, in particular, he collaborates with Raja Ram, who is a fucking veteran of the genre if there ever was one. He was one of the original hippies who was taking the Hippie Trail to Goa, India back in the 60s, and has been a major player in the psycadelic/goa trance genre from its emergence.

You don't have to take drugs to feel like you're tripping when you listen to their music. And his live shows are AMAZING! Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost is probably one of my favorite albums of all time, it is just fucking incredible.
Shpongle - DMT
Shpongle - When Shall I Be Free?
Shpongle - The Stamen of the Shaman
Shpongle - Periscopes of Consciousness

I should also mention that the entire Nothing Lasts album is one experience, it's really hard to just listen to individual songs. Every song flows in from one into another continuously. While there are 20 different tracks on the album, they are all really 8 different phases of an acid induced dream.

Last edited by Slust on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Slust
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:31 pm

blueblaze:
this is a song by my favorite band. you will probably think it is terrible, but i don't give a shit, because i will still think they are fucking awesome.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_tSyJBsRQ

Not bad, but who ever thought it was a good idea to have them play air guitar in the back of a bus is a dumb ass. But really most Music Videos only cheapen the song anyway.

Anyway I think this breaks the 10min rule but after seeing the wall of text Slust posted I just don't care anymore!

Cult of Luna - Waiting for you
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8EeTYVk4dM

Crippledcarny
Captain Legless

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:32 pm

I can't follow Jack's rules. They're just too... fucking confining!

Plus I'm the admin of this site. I can do whatever the fuck I want!

Slust
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:38 pm

You know I never would have guessed you were into rap. Although it isn't too far off from rape so now that I think about it isn't too much of a shock.

Crippledcarny
Captain Legless

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:43 pm

I listen to (underground) hip hop, not rap, sir.

Only rap I listen to is Eminem, but that's because he's another white guy who is fucking pissT at his mother, too. I can relate. I hate my fucking mom. I'm glad she's dead.

I do enjoy listening to some game remixes and remakes. The Black Mages are a bunch of Square guys redoing their work, which is pretty fucking bee's knees. I mean, other than Harmonix, what other game company would take music made by the company then remake it to sound more metal and modern?

The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (VI)

That song is amazing. The guitar solo at the end is amazing. THE WHOLE SONG IS AMAZING I SAY!

Slust
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:52 pm

Slust:
I listen to (underground) hip hop, not rap, sir.

Endlessly sorry! Could you ever excuse my ignorance!?

So since were kinda in the nerd music atm here's some Iced Earth! They're a late 80's early 90's power metal band that tries to be Iron Maiden. Anyway they did a concept album on the Spawn Comics.

Iced Earth - Question Of Heaven
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv9wYEz_lvM

Crippledcarny
Captain Legless

Reply to topic Printer Friendly Page Page 1 of 9 Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Public General